Wednesday, July 25, 2012

TAG! You're It! Writing

I saw a wonderful idea for writing on Pinterest - shared writing journals.  So I bought some journals and put topic covers on them, which I got from some wonderful blog that I can't remember.  The only name attached to the file was Megan.  So if you are Megan, thank you for sharing your journal covers.  They are great!  

Here are the materials I used to make the journals and the holder for them.  That is what the iced coffee box is for.  Once you get to know me, you will quickly see that I love iced coffee! 
While I like the idea, I couldn't figure out how to correct them for the individual student when everyone in the class would be writing in the same journal.  Solution - TAG!  Of course this is another idea I saw on Pinterest.  I retyped it to match my center and created a TAG! sheet to go with the sign.  The gist is that the students will write in the journal during centers, read another student's journal, and fill out a TAG! sheet.  The students will be communicating with each other about their writing.  The students will be reading, writing, comprehending, problem solving, and looking for convention errors.  You can download the TAG! sign and sheet by clicking the picture.  Please leave a comment if you download.  Also, follow my blog and leave your blog address so I can visit.   



7 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm Megan! And I can't tell you how cool it is that someone made these and then blogged about them!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! It's funny that I recently started following your blog but saved the covers a while back and never put the two together! I had to cut them down to fit on the comp notebooks, but I am thrilled to have them! Thank you again! Now people can go to your blog to get copies if they want.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for following my blog today! Welcome to Blogland! You're going to love it here! Best of luck to you!

    ~Tanya
    A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya! I am having a great time in Blogland! Don't think I could have picked any better a field to work in than with this fabulous bunch!

      Delete
  3. I tried to follow you back, but was unable to...I'll stop back by again soon! Sometimes, my crazy computer has a mind of its own!

    Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the TAG! idea. I was wondering what I was going to do with my journals. Now I know.

    Thanks,
    Christine
    Tales From Rm 17!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Christine! Thanks for following me. I love that we all share and learn from each other.

      Delete